Media Innovation and Creativity Lab (M!C)
The Media Innovation and Creativity Lab is an interdisciplinary and multimedia research facility at Osgoode Hall Law School that allows researchers to transform their work into image-based media such as documentary films, video art and photography. The work done at M!C by scholars, practitioners, artists and writers will transgress the traditional, purely text-based boundaries of research. Besides its research mandate, M!C invites collaboration, training and education of faculty and visiting faculty.
The M!C facility has software and equipment necessary to gather video and photo data on-site, and to process the data in the lab using the lab’s high definition facilities.
The M!C facility is under the oversight and management of the M!C Creative Director, who offers multimedia production expertise for the facility’s hardware, software and equipment.
Trained and qualified staff can use the equipment and lab for:
- Video/photo gathering on-site
- Video/photo production in lab
- Processing video/image/sound production in lab
- Creating a multimedia experience in the lab
Who can use this service
This facility is reserved for research purposes. It is available to all York University faculty, staff, students and researchers who meet the requirements for using the facility. Submission of proposal and additional documentation are required.
How to Request this Service
The following requirements must be met:
- The project must be research based
- Researchers must take into account costs surrounding additional support (e.g. training, editors and crew)
- Equipment lease is levied on a weekly basis, with a minimum of 1 week
- All equipment to be signed out and accounted for by the on-site Creative Director
- Due to the limited number of available equipment, please book a month in advance for reservations
Submitting a service request:
- Submit research proposal by email to Jody-Ann Rowe, Research and Events Coordinator, Osgoode Hall Law School
- Sign research term agreement that will be provided
- This will be reviewed within five business days