The Osgoode Hall Law School Library is committed to the principles of open access in scholarly publishing at our universities and of free access to legal information in our society. We subscribe to and promote the principles enumerated in the Calgary Statement on Free Access to Legal Information in the belief that general application of these principles will benefit legal education, improve the dissemination of legal scholarship, promote free access to legal information and enhance access to justice.
Following is a list of key documents relating to Open Acces to Legal Scholarship and Free Access to Legal Information.
Significant Policy Documents
- Calgary Statement on Free Access to Legal Information / Déclaration de Calgary sur le libre accès à l'information juridique
- Durham Statement on Open Access to Legal Scholarship
- Montreal Declaration on Free Access to Law / Déclaration de Montréal sur l'Accès libre au droit
- Budapest Open Access Initiative
- Berlin Declaration on Open Access to Knowledge in the Sciences and Humanities
- York University Open Acess Policy for Librarians and Archivists
Open Access Policies at Other Universities and Law Schools