Registration for all Learning and Leading Series (“LLS”) programs is free for Osgoode JD students however, JD students will be asked to pay a fully refundable deposit of $50 to hold their spot. The programs are also open to Full Time LLM and PhD students but these students will pay a discounted program fee of $475.
Limited waivers may be available on grounds of financial hardship – requests for a waiver should be sent to LLS@osgoode.yorku.ca.
- Registration for all LLS programs will be done on a first come first served basis.
- There are 40 student spots in each program (except for the French Legal Terminology Roundtables). 10 spots in each program are reserved for Full Time LLM and PhD students.
- Registration for the spring/summer 2017 session will open on March 6, 2017 at 9:00 a.m.
- Registration will close on March 15, 2017 at 3:00 p.m.
- Students may only submit a registration application for a specific program on the specific registration date and time. No early registrations will be accepted.
- The registration period will end on the date specified and at the time specified.
- Depending on the circumstances, the registration period may be extended. If the registration period is extended, students will be notified by email.
- If a program is full, the registration period may end early. Students will be notified that a program is full by email.
- The Law School will use the email address students have supplied for regular communication.
Steps to Register
- To register, students must complete the web form located on the LLS website. JD students will be taken to a payment page where they will submit a fully refundable deposit of $50.
- Full Time LLM and PhD students will be taken to a payment site where they will pay a discounted program fee of $475.
- Within a reasonable amount of time, each student will receive an email advising that he/she has or has not been registered in the LLS program in question.
- If a particular program is full, students will be given the option of being placed on a waitlist.
- A student will be placed on a waitlist based on the order in which his/her web form was received. For example, if there are 40 spots in a module and a student sends the 41st web form, he/she will be the first student on the waitlist.
Cancellation of a Program by the Law School
- Osgoode reserves the right to cancel a LLS program if there are fewer than 20 registrants enrolled in said program.
- If a student has registered in a program that has been cancelled, and he/she is in his/her final year of studies, that student will receive priority entry into the next available program in advance of students in 1L or 2L.
- If a student has registered and his/her program is cancelled, that student will receive priority entry into the next available program. In addition, any program fees or deposits will be refunded.
- If a LLS program is cancelled by the Law School, students will receive a full refund within a reasonable amount of time.
Student Cancellation Policy
- If a student who has registered for a program must cancel, he/she must provide written notice 14 days (including weekends) before the first day of the program by emailing LLS@osgoode.yorku.ca . By providing this advance notice, the Law School will have the opportunity to offer the vacated spot to a student on the waitlist.
- If JD student does not provide written notice 14 days (including weekends) before the first day of the program, that student will not be refunded his/her $50 deposit.
- If a Full Time LLM/PhD student does not provide written notice 14 days (including weekends) before the first day of the program, that student will be refunded $425 but the remaining $50 will not be refunded.
- If a student who has registered for a program has an emergency (illness etc) and must cancel after the 14th day has passed, he/she must provide a written explanation for the cancellation and the late timing.
To receive a certificate of completion at the end of a particular program, students must:
- Attend 90% of the sessions;
- Participate in sessions to the satisfaction of the individual Program Leader(s); and
- Complete the evaluation requirement to the satisfaction of the individual Program Leader(s).
Questions or Concerns
If you have any questions or concerns about these policies or the LLS please email LLS@osgoode.yorku.ca