Social Work Services

Toggle secondary navigation

At CLASP, law and social work students work together to offer holistic supports for our clients. We recognize that some of our clients are struggling with issues that go far beyond their legal problems and may need to work with someone to realize their goals. This is where our social work students step in.

Social work services are only provided to clients with a legal file.

What can a social work student do for me?

Application Support

Social work students can work with you to complete applications and fill in forms for subsidized housing, Ontario Disability Support Program (ODSP), Ontario Works (OW), Ontario Student Assistance Program (OSAP), and more.

Brief Supportive Counseling

This includes safety planning, addressing depression and anxiety, and solution focused action plans.  We are unable to provide long-term clinical counseling supports but we can put you in touch with long-term counseling services.

Hearing/Court Support & Advocacy

Going to court or a hearing can be a difficult process. It can sometimes require clients to relive traumatic experiences or speak publicly. Social work students can provide emotional support to help you through this process.

Helpful Referrals

Social work students can put you in touch with other specialized and supportive community agencies that can better serve your needs. This can include mental health services, long-term counselling, and employment services.

I am interested. What should I do next?

When you next speak with your caseworker let them know you are interested in social work services. The caseworker will help you fill out an application form, either over the phone or in person. This application does not guarantee social work services.