In addition to working on individual files, CLASP is dedicated to supporting marginalized communities, particularly the Jane and Finch community, with addressing systemic poverty issues. We do so by supporting local grassroots groups such as:
- Jane Finch Toronto Strong Neighbourhoods Strategy Task Force
- Jane Finch Action against Poverty
- Jane Finch Support Network
- Rights of Non-Status Women Network
- Neighbourhood Action Youth Employment Committee
- Black Creek Community Collaborative
Systemic advocacy initiatives include:
- Public Legal Education Workshops / Capacity Building
- Law Reform Projects
- Community based research
- Participating in collective dialogues
- Community organizing
If your group or organization would like assistance in the areas of law in which CLASP practices, please contact us. We would be glad come to your next community group or agency meeting.
In an effort to increase the accessibility of CLASP services, we have partnered with the TD Community Engagement Centre to meet and provide services to our clientele.