Osgoode’s Invited Visiting Faculty Program welcomes esteemed faculty from within Canada and around the world. They work on their research, collaborate with Osgoode faculty members, and contribute to the research and academic life at Osgoode. All visitors of the law school will require a full-time faculty member to sponsor their visit.
- Applicants hold the rank of full-time professor at a recognized post-secondary institution
- Applicants should demonstrate oral and written English proficiency (if applicable, see below)
- Applicants must secure their own funding, as Osgoode does not fund these visits in any way
These visits can range from 1 to 6 months.
- Applicants should contact a faculty member who might be interested in their project and willing to serve as their faculty sponsor.
- Once a faculty sponsor has been confirmed, please contact Erika Robinson from the Office of External Relations & Communications at firstname.lastname@example.org to request an application form. Please include the following details in your email: name of Osgoode faculty sponsor; anticipated visit dates; institution that you are affiliated with; and confirmation of full-time professor rank.
- Once you have been provided with the application form, please submit it by the relevant deadlines below:
- For visits during the Fall (September to December) or Winter (January to April) academic term – applications are due on the preceding February 28th.
- For visits during the Summer (May to August) academic term – applications are due on the preceding October 31st.
Exceptions may be requested in conjunction with applications that must be submitted early to meet the requirements of prospective funding sources. Under extenuating circumstances, an applicant may also submit a request to have an application evaluated outside of these time frames, if the visit is under one month. In all cases, however, applicants should anticipate that a response will take approximately eight weeks.
As a part of the application process, the following documents will be required with your application:
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Sample of your academic writing in English (eg. journal article)
- Copy of your TOEFL/IELTS results (if applicable, see below)
- There is an administrative program fee of $130 that will apply to all approved applications.
- University Health Insurance Plan (UHIP): $60/month.
- Work permit application fee of $155 + $85 for biometrics, if required.
- Additional fees may be applied to support the work permit application.
A Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) score is required for applicants whose first language is not English and who have not completed at least three years of full-time study at a post-secondary institution or in a country where English is the official language of instruction.
To be considered, applicants must possess a Total Score not less than 93, with a minimum of 22 for Writing and 22 for Speaking. Alternatively, Osgoode will also accept test results of the academic test format offered by the International English Language Testing System (IELTS). IELTS results should be no less than 7.0 in the academic format.