Medical and Travel Information

Toggle secondary navigation

Health and Safety

Students should contact their physician to ensure that all health issues/concerns are addressed before they leave on exchange. Depending on your destination, vaccines and immunizations may be necessary. Students should take measures to ensure that they have sufficient travel health insurance. Check the current Legal & Lit Supplemental Health Insurance Policy to review your coverage levels. Most students take out additional health insurance.For regional and country-specific information on health and safety risks, see:

The Centers for Disease Control (CDC)
Current information on diseases worldwide and recommended precautions for travellers

The International Association for Medical Assistance for Travellers (IAMAT)
Climate charts, current information on diseases in the region, and a list of doctors worldwide. This is a non-profit user-donation funded site, so please donate if you use it.

The Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (DFAIT)
Detailed country-specific security information
Students may also register with the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade. Registration assists the Canadian Government in locating and evacuating Canadian citizens abroad in the event of a security crisis.

Travel Documents

Students travelling outside Canada must ensure they have a passport valid for six months beyond the duration of their journey, as well as all visas and study permits required by their host country.