Osgoode Hall Law School has a robust and diverse academic program along with a multitude of experiential education learning opportunities.
The Learning & Leading Series (LLS) builds on this base with unique offerings for Osgoode students that will help them develop skills for work in the legal profession or other post-Graduation endeavours. The LLS is open to all Osgoode JD, full-time LLM and full-time PhD students in addition to full-time OPD LLM students.
The LLS is not part of the academic program and does not qualify for any academic credit. These programs range from afternoon conferences to boot-camp style workshops.
Students are eligible to receive a certificate of completion for participating in programs that last longer than one day. To receive a certificate, students must attend 90% of the sessions and complete a short assignment to the satisfaction of the instructor.
Students who participate in LLS programs will:
- Gain hands on experience they can use in a variety of environments
- Use a problem solving methodology in simulated scenarios similar to those found in legal practice
- Learn from experts in the field
- Receive a certificate of completion upon successfully finishing a program (for programs longer than one day in duration)
Winter (January to March 2018)
- French Legal Terminology Roundtables
- Disruption in Legal Services Delivery – What Students Need to Know
Spring and Summer 2018
Please visit each program page for registration details and procedures.
For more information please email LLS@osgoode.yorku.ca