The legal landscape is rapidly evolving. Are you ready?
Hear from leading legal innovators about changes in the profession and how you can best equip yourself for a successful career.
Jordan Furlong, a leading analyst of the global legal market and author, is the keynote speaker. He will discuss his new book, Law is a Buyer’s Market: Building a Client First Law Firm, which explores how the legal landscape is changing and the impact it will have on the profession.
Three curated panels of legal innovation experts will explore:
- perspectives on the current legal landscape and the key trends which are changing legal practice,
- how technology and disruptive approaches are creating new opportunities in the delivery of legal services,
- the changing skill set needed to be a successful lawyer in a variety of contexts including large firms, smaller organizations and in-house departments,
- how students can leverage their education to become legal entrepreneurs and product developers.
Jordan Furlong, Law21
Sean Bernstein, MinuteBox Inc.
David Cohen, McCarthy Tétrault
Erin Cowling, Flex Legal Network
Mona Datt, Loom Analytics
Fernando Garcia, Nissan Canada
Chuck Gastle, Bennett Gastle
Monica Goyal, Osgoode Hall Law School
Andrea Hill, SkyLaw Professional Corporation
Derek Hopfner, Founded.co
Mark LeBlanc, TVO
Mara Nickerson, Osler, Hoskin & Harcourt LLP
Amy ter Haar, Integra Ledger and Osgoode Professional Development
Who Should Attend
- Osgoode JD students
- Osgoode Professional Development(OPD) full-time LLM students
- new lawyers
March 7, 2018 | 12:30 pm to 4:45 pm
A light lunch will be served
Room 2001, Ignat Kaneff Building, Osgoode Hall Law School, York University
- Osgoode JD and full-time OPD LLM students – Free. The first 50 registrants will receive a copy of Jordan Furlong’s new book. Visit MyCareer to register.
- Other Registrants – $65, which includes a copy of Jordan Furlong’s new book Please go to Osgoode Professional Development to register.
For more information please email LLS@osgoode.yorku.ca