- Computing Services
- HOW TO Remotely Access Network Shares
Network storage solutions are available for storing various types of data.
- Shared folders are available to store collaborative work
- Department shares (J, N,O, P and R drives) are configured with Access Control Lists (ACL) to restrict access to management approved individuals
- Remote access to file shares through WebFAS or VPN
Note: Remote access is only available for faculty and CPM. YUSA staff must request remote access through their mangers.
- Dedicated home directory (X drive) for faculty members to store research and course related files
- Network shares are backed up regularly in case of data loss
- Full Time Staff
- Temporary Staff
- Full Time / CLA Faculty
How to Request
Access to Existing Network Drive
The department manager must send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org specifying the network folder to access, and the Passport York username of the individual requiring access.
New Network Shares
Requests for new network shares must be made through email@example.com New shares are created only in compliance with the current folder structure.
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org detailing the path to the file/folder names that were deleted, the deletion date, and the approximate time of deletion.
Network shares are charged at $0.39 per gigabyte per month. Minimum file share size is 100GB