- Multimedia Services
- How to Use Zoom Video Conferencing
Video conferencing is available for use in meeting rooms, classrooms or through the use of a desktop client.
- Full Time Staff
- Temporary Staff
- Full Time / CLA Faculty
- Visiting / Adjunct Faculty
HOW TO REQUEST
Note: Requests must be sent 10 business days in advance to allow for testing. The maximum number of participants for Skype is 5, and for Zoom is 50.
- Book the room through firstname.lastname@example.org
- Book the location for an hour prior and an hour post event to allow for setup requirements
- If you are unsure about the best location to host your conferencing event, please let us know and we will work with you to determine the best location for your needs
- Complete the Video Conference Request Form located in p:\TEMPLATES\ITS
- Email the completed form to email@example.com
Note: If Skype is being used for the conference, this is supported by UIT Classroom Operations. This needs to be booked through the UIT CEO Ordering System by your faculty assistant or department administrator. A Skype account is also required (skype.com)
AFTER HOURS CONFERENCES
If the video conference occurs outside of business hours (8:30 – 5:00), training will be provided to the requestor on how to start / stop the conference.
If you wish to use Zoom for a video conference, you must setup a Zoom Pro account.
- Login to yorku.zoom.us using your Passport York account
- Submit a ticket to to firstname.lastname@example.org containing the following:
- Full Name
- Osgoode Email Address
- Osgoode Affiliation
- Passport York Username
- Request for Zoom Pro account
- Sign up for a Skype account at skype.com using your personal, or your @osgoode.yorku.ca email address
- Once the equipment is setup, sign into Skype using your Skype account
- Skype: $20 per session (UIT – Classroom Operations)
- Zoom (Internal): There is no charge for this service