Laptop computers are available for short term loans through the Osgoode Law Library.
- Laptops are “frozen” – all files created on the laptop are automatically wiped upon a restart restarted:
- Ensures any personal data or user installed software is not accessible to future users
- Prevents viruses from being installed on the laptops
- Note that files saved on the hard drive of the laptops will be wiped upon restarting–Files must be saved to USB drives or network storage solutions such as York’s WebFAS service
- Laptops are provisioned with Microsoft Windows 7, Microsoft Office 2013 and Adobe Acrobat
- See the Printing & Scanning service website for instructions on sending print jobs
- Osgoode Students
How to Request
Laptops are signed out through the Law Library circulation desk. A YU-Card is required. A Passport York account is required to connect to AirYork Plus.
There are no additional charges for this service. Charges or fines may apply should laptops not be returned within the four hour borrowing period, or for any damage or loss incurred.