- Services for Students
- Student Moodle Resources
Moodle is the learning management system (LMS) that enables course sites. It enhances lectures and seminars with online course materials and learning activities.
Below is a list of commonly used features, if they are enabled by the instructor:
- Stay up to date with course announcements
- View and download course materials
- Participate in online activities such as discussion forums, assignments, and quizzes
- Osgoode Students
- Non-Osgoode students enrolled in Osgoode Courses
How to Request
Access to Course Sites
There is no need to request access to your course sites. You will have access to your course sites automatically if you are officially enrolled in the course.
If you believe that you should have access to a course site and cannot see it when logged into Moodle, try these steps:
- Ensure that you have updated your Moodle profile with a valid email address. You cannot get pass the Edit Profile page until you have confirmed your email address with the validation link that was sent to your email address. We highly recommend that you use your Osgoode email address. Refer to these instructions for how to manage your profile.
- If you recently enrolled into a course, please wait up to 48 hours and see if the course sites become visible when you log into Moodle.
- Ensure you are accessing the correct course site. Some courses are cross-listed with another course at Osgoode or with another Faculty’s course, and may be using the other course code for the primary course site.
- Consult with your fellow classmates whether they see the course site. If no one can see the course site, then consult with your instructor and remind him/her to make the course site visible to students.
- Consult with the respective student services office for the course and confirm your enrolment status for the course.
- Finally, email email@example.com after you have taken all the steps above.
There is no charge for this service.