Printing from your own computer within the Library is available only to members of the Osgoode community, using the Library’s wireless printing system. There are two network laser printers available for printing, one on each floor.
- The printer in the Upper Library is located in the Harris-Taylor Family Reading Room at the print station on the north wall.
- The printer in the Lower Library is located in the Copy Room (room 0010A)
The cost is 10 cents ($0.10) per printed page. Both one-sided and double-sided copying are availalble. A double-sided sheet is charged as two pages. Colour printing is 25 cents ($0.25) per printed page. Instructions for using the printers is available here:
Scanning: A new KIC document and book scanner is available in the in the Upper Library in the Harris-Taylor Family Reading Room at the print station on the north wall. It is for the use of Osgoode students only and there is no charge for scanning. Scanned images can be saved to USB flash drive or directly to smart device. The scanner offers the following features and functions:
- Face-up, high-speed colour scanning with 300 dpi resolution
- Built-in 22” inch Touch Screen Monitor and on-screen editing and controls
- Automatic focus and exposure controls, border recognition and removal
- Real-time Image Editing (ie, crop, enlarge, adjust exposure)
- Standard Output Formats: PDF, searchable PDF, editable RTF, JPEG, PNG
- SmartDock station provides direct secure upload of scans to any ‘smart’ device
- High-speed document scanner for scanning loose sheets
Photocopying: A photocopier is located in the Copy Room in the Lower Library (room 0010A). The cost per photocopy is 10 cents ($0.10) per black and white. Colour photocopying is not available. Both one-sided and double-sided copying are available. A double-sided sheet is charged as two pages.
Microforms: A digital microform reader/scanner is located adjacent to the microform cabinets in the Computer Commons in the Lower Library. Images can easily be converted to digital format and downloaded to a USB memory stick.
The YU-card is the exclusive payment method for photocopying and printing services in the Library. If you are a non-York member or visitor and do not have a YU-card, you can purchase a Guest Card from the YU-card dispenser and account station in the Library’s Copy Room (in the Lower Library) or at the Scott Library. Please see Circulation Staff for a Guest ID to validate your Guest Card prior to use.
There is no charge for using the document scanner or the digital microform reader/scanner.
Please ask the Library staff for assistance with using any of these facilities.
Copyright & Fair Dealing
Library printers, scanners and photocopiers are to be used for personal research and study purposes only. Please refer to York University’s copyright information pages: (Copyright and You) and Fair Dealing Guidelines.