- Is Osgoode Library providing curbside pickup of print books unavailable online?
Yes. Please see the information below on how to place your request:
Beginning September 14, 2020, the Osgoode Law Library will offer curbside pickup of law library titles only available in print.
Curbside pickup at Osgoode is available to the following users:
- Osgoode and York University faculty
- Osgoode graduate students (Research Stream and Professional Development Stream) and York University graduate students
- Osgoode Juris Doctor and York undergraduate students (as of August 31, 2020)
Print titles available for curbside pickup include books only from the circulating collection. Books requested from Osgoode’s collection must be picked up from and returned to Osgoode Hall Law School. The outdoor book return bin is located at the parking lot entrance of the building (southwest entrance). Do not return Osgoode books to Scott Library.
When is Curbside Pickup Available?
|Mondays – Fridays||10:00am – 3:45pm|
Hours of availability are subject to change without notice. Osgoode library remains closed during curbside pickup.
- Find your book in Omni
- Sign in:
- Click on “Curbside Request”* and complete the form:
- Upon approval, you will receive a confirmation email (check your spam folder)
- Book your 15-minute pickup window by following the instructions in the confirmation email (if you are requesting more than one book on the same day and have already booked a pickup window, you do not need to book another one)
- Call the Osgoode Library circulation desk (416-736-5206) when you arrive and await further instructions
- Please arrive promptly according to your scheduled pickup time
- Your YUcard or library courtesy card is required
- Missed appointments will be cancelled and must be rescheduled
York University Libraries Curbside Pickup
Curbside pickup requests for York University Library books must be picked up from Scott Library. Information on requesting and retrieving books from York Univeristy Libraries can be found here: https://researchguides.library.yorku.ca/covid19services/curbside
Follow all guidelines and protocols for social distancing:
- Maintain a physical distance of 2m (6 feet) from others
- Practice frequent hand hygiene
- Practice respiratory etiquette by coughing and sneezing into your sleeve
- How do I access the library during the move to remote classes and examinations?
Effective March 17, 2020, the law library is closed until further notice. For Osgoode library inquiries, email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Where can I return books?
The Osgoode Library book drop is located by the southwest entrance of the Osgoode Hall Law School.
- Will Reference and Instructional Services be available during this period?
Yes. A reference librarian will be available to assist you by email or book a research appointment via Zoom at these times:
Monday – Friday, 10:00am – 4:00pm Book a Research Appointment Email: email@example.com
- What else is available to assist my research remotely?
All electronic resources, databases, research guides and e-books are available remotely:
- How can I access e-books?
Visit the E-book Access @ the Osgoode Law Library post from Off the Shelf for details.
- Are all books available as e-books?
Please note that not all books are available as e-books. It is common practice for publishers not to make all books available as e-books.
- Am I able to get books by inter-library loan?
Inter-library loan is currently unavailable.
- What are the other libraries doing during this time?
See York Libraries’ Library Services During COVID-19
- Where can I find information on COVID-19 and the legal community’s response?
The Osgoode Library has a new research guide: COVID-19 and the Law.