- Are Osgoode Library study seats available to Osgoode students?
- I’m not getting an email confirmation after booking a study space or curbside pickup! What do I do?
- Is Osgoode Library providing curbside pickup of print books unavailable online?
- How do I access the library during the move to remote classes and examinations?
- Where can I print and photocopy?
- Where can I return books?
- Will Reference and Instructional Services be available during this period?
- What else is available to assist my research remotely?
- How can I access e-books?
- Are all books available as e-books?
- Am I able to get books by inter-library loan?
- What are the other libraries doing during this time?
- Where can I find information on COVID-19 and the legal community’s response?
Following the new provincial COVID-19 measures and York University guidelines, Osgoode Library is now able to offer 10 study seats. The criterion for seat availability to Osgoode students will be exceptional need, based on medical, compassionate, and/or equitable grounds. Please contact email@example.com to apply for approval on medical, compassionate, and/or equitable grounds. Wherever possible, blanket approvals will be given. You can request up to 3 hours per day, and up to 7 days in advance. Include your preferred day and time of reservation. You will then receive a reservation confirmation to your Osgoode email address.
Study seats are available Monday – Thursday, 10:00am – 4:45pm, beginning Thursday, January 7, 2021, 10:00am. Questions about confirmed bookings can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Contact email@example.com and report this issue immediately. Library staff may be able to book a space or curbside pickup appointment on your behalf while you continue to experience this problem. The library will investigate the matter immediately and work towards a solution.
- Be sure to check you spam folders.
- If you are using mail forwarding, login to your @osgoode.yorku.ca or @yorku.ca email directly at Office 365 to see if the confirmation email is there.
- Confirmation emails may take up to 3 minutes to be sent after submission.
For more information on using your Osgoode email, visit Osgoode IT’s Services for Students.
Yes. Please see the information below on how to place your request:
Beginning September 14, 2020, the Osgoode Law Library will offer curbside pickup of law library titles only available in print.
Curbside pickup at Osgoode is available to the following users:
- Osgoode and York University faculty
- Osgoode graduate students (Research Stream and Professional Development Stream) and York University graduate students
- Osgoode Juris Doctor and York undergraduate students (as of August 31, 2020)
Print titles available for curbside pickup include books only from the circulating collection. Books requested from Osgoode’s collection must be picked up from and returned to Osgoode Hall Law School. The outdoor book return bin is located at the parking lot entrance of the building (southwest entrance). Do not return Osgoode books to Scott Library.
When is Curbside Pickup Available?
|Mondays – Fridays||10:00am – 4:45pm|
Hours of availability are subject to change without notice. Osgoode library remains closed during curbside pickup.
- Find your book in Omni
- Sign in:
- Click on “Curbside Request”* and complete the form:
- Upon approval, you will receive a confirmation email (check your spam folder)
- Book your 15-minute pickup window by following the instructions in the confirmation email (if you are requesting more than one book on the same day and have already booked a pickup window, you do not need to book another one)
- Call the Osgoode Library circulation desk (416-736-5206) when you arrive and await further instructions
- Please arrive promptly according to your scheduled pickup time
- Your YUcard or library courtesy card is required
- Missed appointments will be cancelled and must be rescheduled
York University Libraries Curbside Pickup
Curbside pickup requests for York University Library books must be picked up from Scott Library. Information on requesting and retrieving books from York Univeristy Libraries can be found here: https://researchguides.library.yorku.ca/covid19services/curbside
Follow all guidelines and protocols for social distancing:
- Maintain a physical distance of 2m (6 feet) from others
- Practice frequent hand hygiene
- Practice respiratory etiquette by coughing and sneezing into your sleeve
Effective March 17, 2020, the law library is closed until further notice. For Osgoode library inquiries, email firstname.lastname@example.org
Please check Osgoode Library’s hours of operation page for up-to-date information on service availability.
Printing and photocopying services are unavailable at Osgoode Library. There may be limited access to printing and photocopying at York University Libraries. Please contact email@example.com for assistance.
Please return all Osgoode Library material to the Osgoode Library book drop, located by the southwest entrance of Osgoode Hall Law School. Please return all inter-library (RACER) loans to York University Libraries’ return bin.
Yes. A reference librarian will be available to assist you by email or book a research appointment via Zoom at these times:
|Monday – Friday, 10:00am – 4:00pm|
All electronic resources, databases, research guides and e-books are available remotely:
Visit the E-book Research Guide.
Please note that not all books are available as e-books. It is common practice for publishers not to make all books available as e-books.
Inter-library loan is currently unavailable. For information on RACER requests, please York University Libraries’ COVID information page
The Osgoode Library has a new research guide: COVID-19 and the Law