- What are the Osgoode Hall Law School Library’s hours for Fall 2022?
- How do I pick up a book from the Osgoode Hall Law School Library Book Lockers?
- Are Osgoode Hall Law School Library study seats available to Osgoode students?
- I am not getting an email confirmation after booking a Study Room. What do I do?
- Is the Osgoode Hall Law School Library providing In-Library pickup of print books?
- What can I access in the Osgoode Hall Law School Library?
- Where can I scan, print and photocopy?
- Where can I return books?
- Are Reference and Instructional Services available?
- What other resources are available to assist my research remotely?
- How can I access e-books?
- Are all books available as e-books?
- Am I able to get books by inter-library loan?
- Where can I find information on COVID-19 and the legal community’s response?
The Osgoode Hall Law School Library hours are available on our website.
Pickup of the Osgoode Hall Law School Library’s circulating print collection is available to YorkU faculty, graduate and undergraduate students, as well as Osgoode Juris Doctor students.
Please note that only Stacks or Storage items can be requested. Core collection, Reserve collection, Oversize and multiple items cannot be requested for Book Locker Pickup as per Library Policy but can be requested for circulation desk pickup. Please also note that the Osgoode Hall Law School Library is not part of the YorkU Libraries’ system.
- Enter your search terms in the York University Libraries’ OMNI search bar: https://www.library.yorku.ca/web/
- Click on the record for the print book you would like to request.
- Click on the Sign In tab under Get It, and log-in with your Passport York or Library Barcode/Password (if you have a paper library card).
- Click the Pickup Request link in the record. If the link does not appear, it means that the requested print item is not available for pickup.
- Click on the Pickup Location drop-down menu. Under the Pickup Institution drop down menu, choose York University. Under the Keele option, select Osgoode Hall Law School Library, Osgoode Book Lockers (pickup during or after business hours, lockers are located outside the library) or Osgoode Circulation Desk (pickup inside the library at Circulation Desk, during business hours).
- Patrons must bring their YU Card to collect item(s) from Book Lockers and/or the Osgoode Hall Law School Library Circulation Desk. Items will be held for pickup at Book Lockers for 7 business days.
- Please note that requests made for Oversize and multiple item pieces (i.e. a 3 volume set) will be automatically changed from Book Locker Pickup to In Library Pickup.
The Osgoode Hall Law School Library Book Lockers are located in Gowling’s Hall of the Ignat Kaneff Building. They are in the hallway outside the library next to Osgoode IT.
- You will receive an email notification when your requests are ready. Please do not come to campus until you have received the notice.
- Reserve, Core Collection, Oversize, and multiple piece books are available for pickup at the circulation desk only.
- To pickup your books from the lockers, you will need your YU-card. If you do not have a YU-card, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 416-736-5206 for assistance during library hours.
- If you require an accessibility accommodation, contact email@example.com or call 416-736-5206
- Uncollected items will be removed from the lockers after 7 days and the requests will be cancelled. You will receive an email notification if your request is cancelled.
Requests for Books in Storage
- If a book in Storage is available for requesting, a Request link will appear in the record for that item.
- Pickup is usually available, unless the item is designated as in-library use only.
- Storage retrieval requests may take 1-2 business days. You will be notified by email when your item(s) are available.
Osgoode Hall Law School Library Book Locker Instructions for Pickup
- Touch screen to collect books
- Scan YU card barcode or type barcode number
- Follow the instructions on screen
- When finished, press Done and close any open locker doors
- For assistance, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 416-736-5206 during library hours.
Yes. Study Room reservations MUST be made through the online booking system LibCal.
You can request up to 3 hours per day and up to 24 hours in advance.
You will receive a reservation confirmation to your Osgoode email address.
Please have your YU-card and email confirmation ready when showing up for your booking.
Questions about confirmed bookings can be sent to email@example.com.
Students in need of accommodation (exceptional need based on medical, compassionate, and/or equitable grounds) should email the Associate Dean Students – firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact email@example.com and report this issue immediately. Library staff may be able to book a Study Room on your behalf while you continue to experience this problem. The library will investigate the matter immediately and work towards a solution.
- Be sure to check your spam folders.
- If you are using mail forwarding, login to your @osgoode.yorku.ca or @yorku.ca email directly at Office 365 to see if the confirmation email is there.
- Confirmation emails may take up to 3 minutes to be sent after submission.
For more information on using your Osgoode email, visit Osgoode IT’s Services for Students.
Yes. Please see the information below on how to place your request:
The Osgoode Law Library offers In-Library pickup of law library titles only available in print.
In-Library pickup at Osgoode is available to the following users:
- Osgoode and York University faculty
- Osgoode graduate students (Research Stream and Professional Development Stream) and York University graduate students
- Osgoode Juris Doctor and York undergraduate students
Print titles available for In-Library pickup include books only from the circulating collection. Reserve books are loanable for 3 hours only and Core Collection books are loanable for 24 hours only. Books requested from Osgoode’s collection must be picked up from and returned to Osgoode Hall Law School. The outdoor book return bin is located at the parking lot entrance of the building (southwest entrance). Do not return Osgoode books to Scott Library.
You have access to Study Table and Study Carrel seating, photocopying and printing, book Stacks, and currently enrolled Osgoode students can Book a Study Room. There are also options for External & Other Borrowers. For further inquiries, email firstname.lastname@example.org
Scanning, printing and photocopying machines are available on both floors of the Osgoode Hall Law School Library. QR codes containing instructions on how to use them are placed on every machine. Printing and photocopying require that electronic funds are available on your YU card.
Please return all Osgoode Library material to the Osgoode Law School Library Book Return, a metal bin that is located outside by the southwest entrance of the Osgoode Hall Law School Library near the Loading Bay. Please return all inter-library (RACER) loans to the Scott Library.
Are Reference and Instructional Services available?
Yes. A reference librarian will be available to assist you by email or you can book a research appointment via Zoom at these times:
|In-Person Reference Service|
at the Osgoode Hall Law School Library
Monday – Friday
10:00am – 12:00pm, 1:00pm – 3:00pm
|Virtual Reference Service|
Monday – Friday
12:00 – 1:00pm, 3:00pm – 4:00pm
Book a Research Appointment
|Saturday and Sunday: Closed|
All electronic resources, databases, research guides and e-books are available remotely:
Visit the E-book Research Guide.
Please note that not all books are available as e-books. It is common practice for publishers not to make all books available as e-books.
Yes. For information on RACER requests, please visit York University Libraries’ RACER Request page.
The Osgoode Library has a new research guide: COVID-19 and the Law