- What are Osgoode Library’s hours for Summer 2022?
- How do I pick up a book from the Osgoode Law Library Book Lockers?
- Are Osgoode Library study seats available to Osgoode students?
- I’m not getting an email confirmation after booking a Study Room. What do I do?
- Is Osgoode Library providing In-Library pickup of print books unavailable online?
- What can I access in the library?
- Where can I print and photocopy?
- Where can I return books?
- Are Reference and Instructional Services available?
- What other resources are available to assist my research remotely?
- How can I access e-books?
- Are all books available as e-books?
- Am I able to get books by inter-library loan?
- What are the other libraries doing during this time?
- Where can I find information on COVID-19 and the legal community’s response?
Pickup of the Osgoode Law Library’s circulating print collection is available to YorkU faculty, graduate and undergraduate students, as well as Osgoode Juris Doctor students.
Please note that only Stacks or Storage items can be requested. Core collection, Reserve collection, Oversized and multiple items cannot be requested for Book Locker Pickup as per Library Policy but can be requested for circulation desk pickup. Please also note that the Osgoode Law Library is not part of the YorkU Libraries’ system.
- Enter your search terms in the York University Libraries’ OMNI search bar: https://www.library.yorku.ca/web/
- Click on the record for the print book you would like to request.
- Click on the Sign In tab under Get It, and log-in with your Passport York or Library Barcode/Password (if you have a paper library card).
- Click the Pickup Request link in the record. If the link does not appear, it means that the requested print item is not available for pickup.
- Click on the Pickup Location drop-down menu. Under the Pickup Institution drop down menu, choose York University. Under the Keele option, select Osgoode Hall Law School Library, Osgoode Book Lockers (pickup during or after business hours, lockers are located outside the library) or Osgoode Circulation Desk (pickup inside the library at Circulation Desk, during business hours).
- Patrons must bring their YU Card to collect item(s) from Book Lockers and/or the Osgoode Hall Law School Library Circulation Desk. Items will be held for pickup at Book Lockers for 7 business days.
- If a storage item is available, a Request link will appear in the record.
- Pickup is usually available, unless the item is designated as an in-library use only item.
- Storage retrieval requests may take 1-2 business days. You will be notified by email when your item(s) are available.
The Osgoode Hall Law School Library Book Lockers are located in Gowling’s Hall of the Ignat Kaneff Building. They are in the hallway outside the library next to Osgoode IT.
- You will receive an email notification when your requests are ready. Please do not come to campus until you have received the notice.
- Reserve, Core, Oversize, and multiple piece books are available for pickup at the circulation desk only.
- To pickup your books from the lockers, you will need your YU-card. If you do not have a YU-card, please email email@example.com or call 416-736-5206 for assistance during library hours.
- If you require an accessibility accommodation, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 416-736-5206
- Uncollected items will be removed from the lockers after 7 days and the requests will be cancelled. You will receive an email notification if your request is cancelled.
Book Locker Instructions for Pickup
- Touch screen to collect books
- Scan YU card barcode or type barcode number
- Follow the instructions on screen
- When finished, press Done and close any open locker doors
- For assistance, please contact email@example.com or call 416-736-5206 during library hours.
Yes. Following the provincial COVID-19 measures and York University guidelines, limited study seats are available on the Upper and Lower Floors of the Law Library.
Study Room reservations MUST be made through the online booking system LibCal.
You can request up to 3 hours per day and up to 24 hours in advance.
You will receive a reservation confirmation to your Osgoode email address.
Please have your YU-card and email confirmation ready when showing up for your booking.
Questions about confirmed bookings can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Students in need of accommodation (exceptional need based on medical, compassionate, and/or equitable grounds) should email the Associate Dean Students – email@example.com
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org and report this issue immediately. Library staff may be able to book a Study Room on your behalf while you continue to experience this problem. The library will investigate the matter immediately and work towards a solution.
- Be sure to check your spam folders.
- If you are using mail forwarding, login to your @osgoode.yorku.ca or @yorku.ca email directly at Office 365 to see if the confirmation email is there.
- Confirmation emails may take up to 3 minutes to be sent after submission.
For more information on using your Osgoode email, visit Osgoode IT’s Services for Students.
Yes. Please see the information below on how to place your request:
The Osgoode Law Library will offer In-Library pickup of law library titles only available in print.
In-Library pickup at Osgoode is available to the following users:
- Osgoode and York University faculty
- Osgoode graduate students (Research Stream and Professional Development Stream) and York University graduate students
- Osgoode Juris Doctor and York undergraduate students
Print titles available for In-Library pickup include books only from the circulating collection. Reserve and Core Collection books are loanable for 24 hours only and must be picked up within 3 business days while on hold. Books requested from Osgoode’s collection must be picked up from and returned to Osgoode Hall Law School. The outdoor book return bin is located at the parking lot entrance of the building (southwest entrance). Do not return Osgoode books to Scott Library.
An Introduction to the Law Library’s Resources and Services
Please check Osgoode Library’s hours of operation page for up-to-date information on service availability.
Printing and photocopying services are available at Osgoode Library. There may be limited access to printing and photocopying at York University Libraries. Please contact email@example.com for assistance.
Please return all Osgoode Library material to the Osgoode Library book drop, located by the southwest entrance of Osgoode Hall Law School. Please return all inter-library (RACER) loans to York University Libraries’ return bin.
Yes. A reference librarian will be available to assist you by email or you can book a research appointment via Zoom at these times:
|Monday – Friday, 10:00am – 1:00pm Book a Research Appointment|
|Monday – Friday, 1:00pm – 4:00pm|
Speak to a Librarian directly on Zoom – https://yorku.zoom.us/j/93376747402In-person reference services are also available at the Osgoode Hall Law School Library Monday – Friday 1:00pm – 4:00pm.
All electronic resources, databases, research guides and e-books are available remotely:
Visit the E-book Research Guide.
Please note that not all books are available as e-books. It is common practice for publishers not to make all books available as e-books.
Yes. For information on RACER requests, please visit York University Libraries’ COVID information page
The Osgoode Library has a new research guide: COVID-19 and the Law