The ICC International Commercial Mediation Competition is a globally renowned moot that hosts 100+ mock mediation sessions over seven days to name a winning team.
48 teams of students from across the world are selected to compete and more than 120+ professional mediators and trainers participate every year on a voluntary basis to share their expertise and passion for mediation. Some will act as mediators, making use of their own experience in resolving cross-border disputes; while others take on the role of judges, assessing each team’s negotiating and problem-solving skills, as well as their ability to work together, work with the other team, and make good use of the mediator.
The event gives students the opportunity to put theory into practice and to interact with some of the world’s top mediators while offering the professionals the opportunity to engage and shape the next generation of mediators and mediation users through guidance, feedback and support. Participating students receive both verbal and written feedback for each round from both judges.
What you need to know
- This competition takes place in Paris, France
- It is recommended that students participate in the internal Dentons Negotiation Cup in the Fall to be considered for Paris ICC
- Teams are comprised of two to four students
- Teams are made up of JD, MBA, and JD/MBA students
- Team members receive two graded mooting credits, which will be applied in the Winter term
- Team members are NOT required to enroll in the Appellate Advocacy Workshop