Application Procedure

Students interested in studying at Osgoode Hall Law School on exchange should:

  1. Be currently enrolled in a law faculty at one of the Osgoode exchange partner institutions
  2. Have a minimum GPA of ‘B’ in the last two years of full-time (or equivalent) study. For students studying law as their first degree, preference is given to those in their second year or higher.
  3. Contact their home institution and follow its internal application and nomination process for study abroad

Note:  applicants whose first language is not English will need to provide an official TOEFL score or a letter from the home university indicating appropriate language proficiency.

Osgoode receives the student nominations from the partner institution and contacts students directly by email.  Students are required to complete both the Osgoode Exchange Application Form and the On-Campus Housing Application.  Exchange students are typically offered housing in the graduate residences near Osgoode on the York University campus.

A formal acceptance letter is issued and students are notified about course enrolment procedures.

Finalize Your Travel and Study Plans

Once students receive confirmation of their acceptance from Osgoode Hall Law School, they need to make arrangements for study permits/visas if necessary. See Citizenship and Immigration Canada and your local Canadian Embassy or Consulate for detailed information.

International students coming to Canadian universities are required to purchase the mandatory University Health Insurance Plan (UHIP). Further information is available through York International or through UHIP directly.