- Associate or Full Professor and Jarislowsky, Dimma, Mooney (JDM) Chair in Corporate Governance
- Open Rank Position for an Indigenous and/or Black Scholar
Osgoode has been shaping the future of legal education in Canada since 1889. The rich, innovative, and accessible legal education that Osgoode provides empowers our graduates to pursue flexible and challenging futures, to be leaders in the legal profession, and to serve the cause of justice and the public good. Our faculty excels in producing foundational, socially engaged, and world-leading academic scholarship.
In making this appointment, Osgoode will seek to advance the objectives underlying Osgoode’s Strategic Plan 2021-2025. The plan identifies six areas of focus:
- Anticipating Society-Level Crisis
- Law in Local and Global Contexts
- Rigorous Academic Scholarship
- Advancing Reconciliation and Justice
- Student Access and Success
- Innovative and Engaged Legal Education
Osgoode Hall Law School is furthermore committed to equality and diversity and our Strategic Plan affirms the goal of broadening diversity among Osgoode’s tenure-stream faculty.
Learn More About York:
- York University generates and shares knowledge through our research, teaching and engagement with communities around the world. The 2023-2028 Strategic Research Plan showcases the depth, breadth and ambition of research at York.
- York’s commitments to social justice are laid out in our Decolonizing, Equity, Diversity and Inclusion Strategy, the Framework & Action Plan on Black Inclusion and the Indigenous Framework for York University.
- Follow the activities and accomplishments of York’s faculty, students and staff on YFile.