The Gold Key award for Service acknowledges significant contributions to Osgoode Hall Law School.
Anil Kapoor ’86
Anil Kapoor practices criminal law at the trial and appellate levels, as well as regulatory law in the area of professional discipline, both defending and prosecuting. He has appeared numerous times before the Supreme Court of Canada, provincial courts of appeal in Ontario, Québec, British Columbia, Alberta and Saskatchewan. In addition to his courtroom work, Anil is routinely retained to advise on corporate compliance matters and to conduct internal investigations for various corporate clients.
In additional to his professional commitments, Anil has generously given back to the Law School in several ways:
- Served on the Osgoode Hall Law School Alumni Board from 2007 till 2020 and was the president of the association for the last four years. As president of the Board Anil:
- Participated on the First day of Law School and introduced the new students to the Alumni Association
- Stood on stage and congratulated graduates at convocation
- Constantly sought out new ways to support Osgoode students, including panel discussions on mental wellness
- Adjunct Professor at Osgoode Hall Law School where he has taught in both the JD and LLM programs
- Interviewed Osgoode Professor Emerita Jamie Cameron on the subject of Not Criminally Responsible on Osgoode’s podcast “4 Questions For”