Access Microsoft 365 Apps through your browser, or install the apps on your Windows or macOS device.
- Sign in to https://portal.office.com using your Passport York credentials (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Click Install Office
- Run the downloaded file to install Office applications
- Sign into Office when prompted using your Passport York credentials (email@example.com)
Install Office applications from the Apple App store or Google Play store.
Interactive Online Courses
Online training for all of the Office 2016 products–including Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint–is available through Lynda.com. These interactive courses cover basic to intermediate topics, and will give you the knowledge you need to effectively use the products. Each module is relatively short, so you can go through them at your own pace.
- Go to https://lynda.com
- Click Sign In at the top of the page
- Click Sign in with your organization portal
- Type ca
- Sign in with your Passport York account
Once you have signed into Lynda.com, we recommend the following courses for Outlook:
- Outlook 2016 Essential Training
- Outlook 2016: Efficient Email Management
- Outlook 2016: Time Management with Calendar and Tasks
- Outlook 2016: Tips and Tricks
Microsoft Introduction Videos
Watch these Welcome Videos from Microsoft to get up and running quickly with the main Office 365 products.
Quick Start PDF Guides
These guides will give you a quick reference for using Office 2016 products.