The contest is open to all Osgoode students. Submissions must be received no later than noon on Friday, March 3. Submissions will be reviewed by the contest judges -Professor Benjamin Berger, Associate Dean (Students), and Mya Rimon, Assistant Dean (Students) — who will be looking for a clearly articulated rationale for advancing one particular priority over the next three years.
The winner will be announced on Monday , March 6, and will trade places with Dean Lorne Sossin as Dean for a Day on Friday, March 10. Sossin, in turn, will attend that student’s classes and do the various things that Osgoode students do!
The person with the winning Dean for a Day submission will be able to:
– Make themselves comfortable in the Dean’s Office;
– Chair meetings of the Law School’s senior administration;
– Enjoy an exclusive catered lunch with three friends in the Dean’s private boardroom;
– Star in a Dean for a Day video that will be posted to Osgoode’s YouTube channel;
– Direct a $500 grant to one of several Law School initiatives, including the Law School’s emergency bursary program, Access to Law & Learning (ALL) free LSAT course, or a student club/organization of choice.
– Go to the movies using a Cineplex Great Escape Movie Package pass.