2011: Master of Laws (LLM) - Harvard Law School
2010: Juris Doctor (JD) - Osgoode Hall Law School, York University
2007: Master of Arts in History (MA) - Queen's University
2006: Bachelor of Arts (BA) - University of Toronto
Course Instructor, Ethical Lawyering in a Global Community - Osgoode Hall Law School, York University (2019-2020)
Faculty Instructor, 10th and 11th Annual Course on Reviewing and Drafting Search Warrants - Osgoode Professional Development (2017 and 2018)
Graduate Teaching Assistant - Queen's University, Faculty of History (2006-2007)
Graduate Assistant - Osgoode Hall Law School, York University (2020-2021)
Research Assistant - Osgoode Hall Law School, York University (2019-2020)
Associate - Henein Hutchison LLP (2016-2019)
Associate - Paul, Weiss, Rifkind, Wharton, and Garrison LLP (2013-2016)
Judicial Law Clerk to Morris J. Fish - Supreme Court of Canada (2012-2013)
Associate - Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom LLP (2010-2011)
- SSHRC Joseph-Armand Bombardier CGS Doctoral Scholarship (2020-2023)
- R. Roy McMurtry Fellowship, Osgoode Society for Canadian Legal History (2021-22)
- J.S.D. Tory Research and Writing Award, Osgoode Hall Law School (2011 and 2021)
- Ontario Graduate Scholarship (2019-2020)
- Honourable Willard Z. Estey Teaching Fellowship in Law, Osgoode Hall Law School (2019)
- York University Graduate Scholarship (2019)
- The Gold Medal, Osgoode Hall Law School (2010)
- George Graham Sinclair Memorial Prize, Osgoode Hall Law School (2010)
- Chancellor Van Koughnet Prize, Osgoode Hall Law School (2010)
- McCarthy Tétrault LLP Prize, Osgoode Hall Law School (2008)
- Harry R. Rose Criminal Law Prize, Osgoode Hall Law School (2008)
- Clifton H. Lane Memorial Prize, Osgoode Hall Law School (2008)
- Cassels Brock & Blackwell LLP Prize, Osgoode Hall Law School (2008)
- Fogler, Rubinoff LLP Prize, Osgoode Hall Law School (2008)
- Queen's University Graduate Award (2006-2007)
- “A Gesture of Criminal Law: Jews and the Criminalization of Hate Speech in Canada” (2022) 59:2 Osgoode Hall Law Journal (forthcoming). (peer-reviewed)
- “Civil Law Alternatives in the Fight Against Hate Speech: The Case Study of the Marcus Hyman Act” (2022) 33 Canadian Jewish Studies/Études juives canadiennes (forthcoming). (peer-reviewed)
- “Harmful Speech and the COVID-19 Penumbra” (2021) 19:1 Canadian Journal of Law and Technology 1-34 (with Amanda Turnbull). (peer-reviewed)
- “Picked the Wrong Cars: A Comment on R. v. Theriault, R. v. Khill, and the Initial Aggressor” (2020) 68:4 Criminal Law Quarterly 386-409.
- “Effective Leadership in Counter-Insurgency: The North-West Mounted Police in South Africa, 1899-1902” (2008) 9 Canadian Military Journal 61-72. (peer-reviewed)
- “Mind the Age-Gap: Closing the Digital Divide in a Post-Pandemic World”, Ottawa Citizen (13 January 2021), online: perma.cc/H6ZY-YFBZ (with Amanda Turnbull).
- “The Marcus Hyman Act: A Link to Our Past – And Our Future?” The Jewish Heritage Centre Connects, Jewish Heritage Centre of Western Canada (24 June 2021).
- “Supreme Court Rejects Whittaker Rule for Tolling Section 16(b) Claims”, Securities Litigation News and Developments, American Bar Association (4 April 2012) (with Patrick Rideout).
- “Second Circuit Clarifies Extraterritorial Reach of U.S. Securities Laws”, Securities Litigation News and Developments, American Bar Association (8 March 2012) (with Patrick Rideout).
- “Legal Remedies for Hate Speech: The Historical and Contemporary Significance of the Marcus Hyman Act” ("Torah Tea" Presentation at the York University Centre for Jewish Studies, January 2022)
- “A Gesture of Criminal Law: Jews and the Criminalization of Hate Speech in Canada” (Paper Presentation at the Annual Conference of the Association for Canadian Jewish Studies, June 2021) (Honourable Mention for Marcia Koven Award for Best Student Paper Presented)