Osgoode’s Graduate Program is innovative, creative, rigorous, and challenges students to attain the highest standards of excellence in legal scholarship.
It is the oldest and largest graduate program in law in Canada. Students are attracted to Osgoode’s Graduate Program for its pivotal position at the centre of this country’s scholarly legal research and academic community. The breadth and depth of our graduate course offerings, coupled with the constantly evolving and thought-provoking approaches to legal study, brings outstanding students with critically important research projects from a diverse range of fields.
Graduate students benefit from:
- A top-tier education with world renowned faculty.
- A vibrant and supportive intellectual community.
- The mentorship and guidance of Canada’s leading law scholars and researchers.
- The access to faculty from outside the Law School
- Newly designed working areas allocated to graduate students.
- Graduate Law Students’ Association which arranges special academic activities and organizes a conference every year.
- Outstanding graduate-level courses
- Study groups on Law in a Global Context, Regulation and Governance, Law and Social Justice, Law and Economic Relations, and Legal Theory
- Largest law library in Canada that is a leader in the innovative provision of law information and services
- Funds in support of graduate students including York funding guarantees for full-time students, conference travel funds, Graduate Development funds, Research Cost funds and Fieldwork Cost funds.
- Teaching and Research employment opportunities
- Support in pursuit of career goals by providing students with opportunities to teach and publish.
- A reputation of more than 400 alumni of the program who have distinguished themselves in academia, government, private practice and other areas in North America and internationally.