Osgoode provides e-mail and calendaring services through Microsoft Office 365 Outlook.
- Your Osgoode e-mail address is branded with osgoode.yorku.ca
- Access e-mail and calendar through Outlook on the Web, the Outlook Desktop Client and through your mobile device
- Shared mailboxes are available for departments and events
- Calendars can be shared
- Full Time Staff
- Temporary Staff
- Full Time / CLA Faculty
- Visiting / Adjunct Faculty
How to Request
- See HOW TO Access E-mail & Calendaring for instructions on accessing your e-mail accounts
- Watch a Microsoft Introduction Video on using Outlook 2016
- Read a Quick Start guide for Outlook 2016
- Get some additional tips and tricks for using Outlook – Outlook 2016 – Tips & Tricks
- For additional training, visit our Office 365 Training page
- See How to Activate Computing Services if you do not have an account setup
Access A Shared Mailbox
- Your manager must request shared mailbox access by sending an e-mail to email@example.com containing the following information:
- Full Name of the person requiring access
- E-mail address of the shared mailbox
- Once access has been granted, see How To Access E-mail and Calendaring for instructions on accessing the shared mailbox
Access A Shared Calendar
To access a shared calendar, the calendar’s owner must grant you permission.
Delegate Access To Your Calendar
- In Outlook, click the Calendar button
- Right click on Calendar – firstname.lastname@example.org and select Properties…
- Click the Permissions tab
- Click Add… and then add name(s) of the people to whom you want to delegate calendar access
- Click OK
- Click the person’s name, and select the level of access to delegate
Access Another Calendar
- In Outlook, click the Calendar button
- Right-click on My Calendars -> Add Calendar -> From Address Book…
- Add the name of the person’s calendar to open and click OK
- The calendar will now appear under My Calendars
Set E-Mail Forwarding
See HOW TO Set E-Mail Forwarding to forward your e-mails to an external address.
Create A Shared Mailbox
Shared mailboxes can be used for departments or groups that have a need to communicate to clients from a single address. Complete the New Shared Mailbox Request Form to request a shared mailbox.
Add a Room Resource
You can add a departmental meeting room to the address book in Outlook, which will allow members of your department to schedule that meeting room as part of calendar invites.
- The department manager must send a ticket to email@example.com with the following information:
- Name of Room (Ignat Kaneff Building, RoomNumber)
- The room capacity
- Full names of everyone authorized to book the room
Book a Room Resource
- Create a new meeting from the calendar
- Click Location
- Search for Ignat Kaneff Building or One Dundas Street
- Double-click the room you want to book and click OK
Note: The room’s availability will show in the Scheduling Assistant tab.
Set Out of Office (Shared Mailbox)
- Sign in to Outlook on the web
- Click the profile icon on the top right and click Open another mailbox
- Type the e-mail address of the shared mailbox
- Click Settings and Configuration on the top right
- Click Automatic Replies and configure the settings you want
Set Out of Office
- From Outlook, click File – Automatic Replies
- Configure the settings you want for your out of office
Change Default E-Mail Address
You have two e-mail addresses; one @osgoode.yorku.ca and one @yorku.ca E-mails sent to either address will be delivered, but you can only send from your default address.
To determine your default address, open the address book by clicking To in a new e-mail message and finding your contact. The e-mail address displayed is your default address.
To change your default e-mail address, send a ticket to firstname.lastname@example.org to request the change.
Recall an E-Mail Message
If you send an e-mail by mistake, or to the wrong recipient(s), the message can be recalled.
Note: The message can only be recalled from a recipient who has not read the message. There may also be a delay recalling a message delivered to a mobile device.
- Go into your Sent Items in the Outlook client
- Open the e-mail you want to recall
- On the toolbar, click the three dots, then Actions then Recall This Message…
- Select the options you want and click OK to recall the message