SETUP TIME FOR A NEW EMPLOYEE IS APPROXIMATELY TWO WEEKS.
Step 1 – HR Onboarding
The employee must be onboarded through standard HR processes before computing services can be provisioned.
Step 2 – Creating a Passport York Account
The Passport York account provides access to all computing services at Osgoode Hall Law School. Computing Services Setup cannot proceed without a Passport York account being activated. Determine the ‘Request Method’ depending on the employee type, there are different ways of creating a Passport York account. Determine the ‘Request Method’ for your employee using the table below.
Faculty – Full Time and CLA
Faculty – Visiting
|Vendors and other third-party clients
- The employee will receive an e-mail from HR with their employee ID, and instructions on creating their Passport York account
- The employee should create their Passport York account by following the Passport York & Manage My Services instructions
Step 3 – Submitting the Osgoode ITS Onboarding Form
Staff and Faculty: Submit the Osgoode ITS Onboarding Form
Adjunct Faculty: The adjunct faculty member must have a Passport York account prior to requesting onboarding. Submit the Osgoode ITS Onboarding Form
Note: If you are requesting multiple sponsored accounts, attach the Accounts – Sponsored Account Request.xltx form located under P:\TEMPLATES\Onboarding Forms\ to the Osgoode ITS Onboarding Form
Step 4 – Requesting Other Services
- eClass – Access to eClass course sites is granted automatically when the instructor assignments are updated in ARMS
- Zoom – Access to a Zoom Pro account is granted automatically through the Passport York account
- Maximo / SmartBuy – Request access through email@example.com
Step 5 – Communicating Next Steps with the New Employee
When the service requests have been fulfilled, advise the new employee to do the following to get setup:
- Ask them to review services for New Faculty and Staff
- Remind them that when they arrive, to Sign into their workstation using their Passport York account and follow the instructions in the Computing Services Welcome Package to setup their workstation
- If the employee requires assistance with their workstation setup, they can call the Osgoode ITS Helpdesk; a Helpdesk Technician will provide remote assistance