The eClass Learning Management System (LMS) is powered by Moodle, and provides instructors with a place to share course materials online, and communicate with students.
If you want to communicate with your class, see E-mailing your Class for instructions.
Below is a list of commonly used features:
- Post course announcements
- Publish course materials
- Link to online resources
- Collaborate in discussion forums
- Enable file uploads/downloads
- Incorporate online quizzes and assignments
- Use Turnitin anti-plagiarism tool
- Grade learning activities
Resources are available to help you use Moodle.
- Group training sessions are announced via email. They are typically held in August, September, December and January, and offered on a sign-up basis.
- E-mail email@example.com to request for training held outside of the regular schedule.
Getting your Course Site
The course sites are created in early August, but hidden from students. If you do not see your course site after early August, let us know by filling out an eClass Course Site Request Form.
Requesting a Merged Site
If you are teaching a course with multiple sections that needs to be merged into one eClass site, complete the Merge Multiple Sections form to request the merged site.
Requesting Program Sites
eClass Course Sites can also be used for programs or other activities that can make use of some of the features available in Moodle. A Program site does not have an associated academic course code.
Fill out an eClass Program Site Request to request a program site.
E-mailing your Class
You can send messages to your class right from your course site, or by getting a list of your class e-mail addresses.
See E-mailing your Class for instructions.
Granting Students Access
Students who are enrolled will automatically have access to their course sites.
- You will need to make your site visible to students
- If it is, and a student cannot access it, advise the student to speak with their respective student services office to confirm their enrolment status.
Setting up Cross-listed Sites
If you’re teaching a cross-listed course, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information for both courses, and we will ensure students from both courses will have access to your course site:
- Course Title
- Course Code & Number
- Course Term
Granting Special Access to a Course Site
To grant access to people who are not enrolled in your course, grant them access from the Participants section of your course site.
If you are having trouble, you can fill out an eClass Course Site Access Request Form to request special access to your course site.
Copying Course Materials
Course websites are archived for five years, and you can easily and quickly copy the course content from a previous year.
- Copying Materials Yourself: Follow the Copy over Content From your Existing Course(s) instructions
- Having Difficulty Copying: If you are having difficulty copying the materials, we can help you. Fill out an eClass Course Materials Copy Request to request a copy of course materials from your previous year course site to your current year course site.
- Full Time / CLA Faculty
- Visiting / Adjunct Faculty
- Full Time Staff
There is no charge for this service.