MA (English), - Carleton University
BA (English) - University of Ottawa
ARCT (Performance) - Royal Conservatory of Music of Toronto
Dip. AA with honours (Music) - Mohawk College
Teaching Assistant, Faculty of Liberal Arts, Department of Humanities, York University (2019 – present)
Directed Research Supervisor (philosophy of law, law and literature), Faculty of Law, uOttawa (2016-18)
Instructor, Carleton University/Ottawa-Carleton District Board of Education, May 2006
Music teacher (Suzuki flute, band director, children's programs) 1991-2005
Research Assistant, Osgoode Hall Law School (2020)
Assistant Dean / Doyenne adjointe, JD Program, Faculty of Law, University of Ottawa (2011-18)
Director / Directrice, Communications & Development, JD Program, uOttawa (2010-11)
Manager / Gestionnaire, Communications & Marketing, JD Program, uOttawa (2008-10)
Communications Officer / Agente de communication, Common Law & Civil Law programs, uOttawa (2006-08)
- Harley D. Hallet Graduate Scholarship
- York University Graduate Fellowship
- Turnbull, A (May 2020). “The Future of Work: Integrating Bots and Humans in the Workforce,” (online), Canadian Law of Work Forum.
- Turnbull, A (May 2020). “How Coronavirus set the Stage for a Techno-Future with Robots and AI,” The Conversation (online).
- Turnbull, A (Jan. 2020). “The Price of A.I. Art: Has the Bubble Burst?” The Conversation (online). Translated in Newsweek Japan (print).
- Turnbull, A (2018). “Teaching Chatbots How to Do the Right Thing,” The Conversation (online). Reprinted in National Post (online), March 29, 2018.
- Turnbull, A (2007-10). "Common Law Bulletin," Faculty of Law, University of Ottawa, Editor-in-Chief.
- Kerr, Ian et al (2009). Lessons From the Identity Trail: Anonymity, Privacy and Identity in a Networked Society (Oxford University Press), in-house copy editor
- Turnbull, A (Sept. 2020). “Fast-Tracking Our Techno-Future: The Unanticipated Effect of COVID- 19.” Online lecture, Scholars’ Hub @Home, York University.
- Turnbull, A (2019). "How to Respond to Disclosures of Sexual Violence." Presentation on International Women’s Day for Natalie Des Rosiers MPP Ottawa–Vanier.
- Turnbull, A (2016). “A Muse of Accountability: Canadian Henry V.” Paper presented at the Shakespeare + Canada Symposium, Ottawa, ON.
- Turnbull, A (2015). “Challenges Posed by the Implementation of Canada’s National Requirement.” Paper presented at the International Legal Education Abroad Conference, Washington, DC.