A spirit of inclusion defines Osgoode, where we welcome students of diverse backgrounds, experience and perspectives.
Your Osgoode experience will be enriched by the close connections you make with your classmates, many of whom will become your lifelong friends.
Through publishing data from our Annual Entering Class Survey, we not only reflect a commitment to transparency but also one to accountability. We look forward to tracking the evolution of Osgoode’s student body and over time this data will allow us to establish clear benchmarks and goals with respect to accessibility and inclusion. While these numbers reflect important values about how law school ought to reflect the broader community, and are a source of genuine pride, they also demonstrate that there is important work left to do to make the Law School truly inclusive.View the latest Entering Class Survey.
Opportunities for meaningful interaction and engagement exist through numerous student-led activities:
- Student Government
- The Legal and Literary Society (Legal & Lit) was founded in 1876 and is responsible for coordinating and funding the numerous professional, athletic, social and extracurricular activities at Osgoode. Legal & Lit is the primary student government of the Law School, and works in collaboration with Student Caucus to provide student services to help keep our Law School one of the most prestigious in Canada.
- Student Caucus is the student government in charge of overseeing academic affairs
- Shape the debate by writing for:
- Develop and explore interests, social issues and different cultures through Legal & Lit’s over 50 student clubs and organizations including:
- Showcase your talent at Mock Trial, our famous annual musical revue.
The Osgoode Neighbourhood
Connected to downtown Toronto by subway, the Osgoode campus offers modern spaces for learning and research, as well as welcoming places to interact and unwind. The Ignat Kaneff building is the heart of student life at Osgoode with amenities such as a student lounge, a reflection room and a family room. Osgoode Chambers is a dedicated residence for Law Students offering convenient, affordable residence suites just steps away from the Law school.
Osgoode students are well situated to explore Toronto, a bustling metropolitan hub and one of the most multicultural communities on earth. In addition to being consistently ranked as one of the best places to live, Toronto is Canada’s largest legal market affording opportunities to connect with top experts, dynamic firms and specialized networks.