The Criminal Law Division provides free legal representation to individuals charged with summary offences under The Criminal Code of Canada, and simple drug possession charges under the Controlled Drugs and Substances Act, where the Crown is proceeding summarily.
We provide legal representation to individuals at five courthouses in the Toronto area.
- Metro North (1000 Finch Avenue West)
- Metro West (2201 Finch Avenue West)
- College Park (444 Yonge Street)
- Old City Hall (60 Queen Street West)
- Metro East (1911 Eglinton Avenue East)
The Criminal Law Division also provides assistance with:
- Record Suspension Applications
- Police Complaints
- Appeals to the Toronto Police Service for refusal of destruction of non-conviction criminal records, photographs, and fingerprints
If you have been charged with a criminal offence or have a legal issue that you require assistance with, please contact CLASP to determine if we can assist you.