How to Migrate to OneDrive – Windows
Migrate Files to OneDrive – Windows
Migrating Files Using the SharePoint Migration Tool
The SharePoint migration tool provides increased stability and an enhanced user experience when migrating to OneDrive. To migrate using the SharePoint Migration tool:
- Download the SharePoint Migration Tool: http://spmtreleasescus.blob.core.windows.net/install/default.htm
- Click “Install”
- Press “Save File”
- Open the build-firstrelease.application file
- Install the file
- Once the program installs, a login window will appear, type PYUSERNAME@yorku.ca
- Enter your Passport York password
- Click on “Start your First Migration”
- Click on “File Share”
- Enter \\vfadmin.yorku.yorku.ca\LW-ACADEMIC\FACULTY\PYUSERNAME
- If you are away from York, make sure you are logged into Pulse Secure
- Click “Next”
- Enter Your SharePoint URL:
- Click “Next”
- if it does not go to the next page, click next again
- Click “Next” again
- Check all basic settings
- Click “Migrate”
- Once the scan has completed and there are no errors, Migration will start and your files will be shown in your OneDrive folder.
Note: If you are backing up multiple files, the migration may take some time depending on the file size. Due to OneDrive’s 15 GB file size limit, files over 15 GB must remain in the network drive.
Locating the OneDrive Folder
- Right click on the OneDrive icon in the taskbar
- Click “Open Folder” to view the local OneDrive folder on your computer or “View Online” to view the online version of your OneDrive folder.
Files on Demand
Files on Demand saves space in your hard drive by keeping the files online and downloading them when opened.
- Make sure you’re signed in to OneDrive on your device.
- Select OneDrive cloud icon in the Windows taskbar notification area.
- Select More > Settings.
- On the Settings tab, select the Save space and download files as you use them